RPA Developer is a new career option. He optimizes the workflow with cross-function work involving business operations and business analysts.
Immense chatter is everywhere about RPA (Robotic Process Automation). This is natural as automation is the most radical way of working now. Days are coming when businesses will have a combination of both human and digital workforce. These digital workforces are called software robots or simply bots. They will be reliving the humans form doing repetitive and monotonous jobs so that humans can take advantage of their unique human abilities. This is where an RPA Developer steps in to optimize the process for maximizing efficiency.
RPA bandwagon and the future
As machines are getting smarter, RPA is also gaining increasing popularity among the business models. One of the key driving techs in the future will be RPA. Sectors like banking, finance, healthcare, insurance, and telecom are shifting to Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Combined with Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning it is doing a lot of complex tasks that involve handling both unstructured and semi-structured data. RPA has many benefits. It yields an improved customer experience and better compliance with fewer errors and is estimated to reach $2.9 billion in 2021.
RPA Developer desired skills
Like any other profession, RPA also needs a novel set of skills. RPA involves a wide variety of disciplines and for that, one must have several soft skills. So, here is the list.
- Strategic Planning Skills: Planning is very vital for success. One should be able to set goals for implementation for enhancing process efficiency.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Ability for verbal and written communication is a must for explaining the details to the non-techies efficiently.
- Analytical & Decision making Skills: As RPA is for improving the workflow it involves analyzing the process and comparison of various possibilities to find the best. So, an RPA Developer must possess critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Mathematical & Logical Skills: None can be successful in RPA without mathematics. But, only mathematics does not help. One must combine this with logical thinking to get the desired results.
- Skills for troubleshooting: One must have a knack to resolve complex issues. He should able to foresee problems and prevent them from surfacing. He should also possess magical abilities to mitigate issues and keep the system running.
- Software Skills: One must have a thorough knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Ruby, and Java, etc. Understanding automation tools, such as Blue Prism and UiPath also helps. Knowledge of SQL or NoSQL, artificial intelligence and machine learning is also proffered
- Learning Skills: You may have a long tail of degrees. But, RPA is a continuous process and, therefore, only spirited learners with the ability to learn from real-life problems can achieve success.
- Perseverance: It is an essential human skill needed to accept job challenges, and an RPA Developer is no exception.
RPA involves the configuration of software robots for streamlining the business process. Several RPA Certification courses are conducted by industry-recognized organizations. These are also great for mastering various RPA skills.
RPA Developer roles and responsibilities
Their main role involves various functions including building, designing, developing, and implementing the system successfully. They use tools for analyzing a process and also for checking if automation is possible. While their roles vary from one industry to another, they play the roles of developer, engineer, technical lead, solutions senior developer, consultant, administrator, and business analyst. Generally, they play three roles: process designers, automation architects, and production manager. However, this varies between different sectors and the size of the business.
Their tasks generally include:
- Scripting and coding of RPA tools for resolving automation issues.
- Reviewing the design and code
- Deployment of RPA tools
- Creating process documentation
- Designing the process for improvement, as per the business needs.
- Configuring the new process and supporting the old one.
- Making and monitoring changes
- Solving problems with timely responses
- Ensure high-quality automation
- Monitoring and guiding others on process development.
Background requirement for RPA Developer
Persons starting a career in RPA usually have a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, management information system, business administration, engineering, and mathematics. However, those are not an absolute necessity. When it comes down to the job, practical knowledge and abilities to use RPA tools and technologies only matter. Since this is very crucial one may obtain RPA certification.
Getting RPA certification
Now people use different technologies to perform everyday tasks. And, modern businesses are using many advanced technologies for better efficiency. Robotic Process Automation is one such that, in combination with machine learning and artificial intelligence, accomplishes huge repetitive manual tasks fast and more efficiently.
This demands the service of an RPA Developer. But, to be successful in RPA one must have certain skills, and RPA certification courses help to sharpen those skills. There are many tools available in the RPA regimen. One must select the tool first for getting RPA certification.
Several organizations offer such courses. Blue Prism, UiPath Academy, Open Span, Udemy RPA Certification, Multisoft Virtual Academy, Edureka RPA Training Program, The RPA Academy, MindMajix RPA Training Program are trendy among them. They offer online and onsite classes and their prices also vary. Some of them also offer free trials.
RPA Developer career opportunities
IT is the most employee-intensive sector now. There is a general industrial thought that a part of the business process involves repetitive works. As these are based on certain rules, they can be partly or fully automated. This entails a huge and wide scope for robotic process automation.
Experts also foresee that RPA will invade many industrial sectors, especially banking & finance, insurance, etc within a short period. It is expected that there will be a huge demand for RPA pros in the coming years. RPA also promises attractive pay packs for the professionals.
An RPA Developer generally investigates, analyzes, and helps a business model perform at the highest efficiency. However, their role and responsibility differ with the nature of the business. So, one must choose the platform first to excel in this profession.